Kris Aquino diaries: Her last days with President Cory (Part 5 of 5)

The fifth and final installment in Kris Aquino’s retelling of her last moments with her mother, President Cory Aquino. In rounding up her story, Kris reveals the significance of the Stargazers in her aunt’s dream and she relayed the final words of President Cory to the Filipinos.

“I want to share this now because the story of that ordeal ends so beautifully.

“When mom’s casket was brought into the viewing room, walang flowers kasi alam namin na magde-drape ng Philippine flag. I didn’t order anything because we knew we were coming here [La Salle Greenhills gym].

“I was sitting down when - I think her name was Raquel of Heritage - said, ‘Magpapatong po kami ng bulaklak. We had this done temporary lang until you bring your mom to La Salle.’


“Yung flowers na pinagawa ng Heritage na I knew nothing of, nung pinatong…they were Stargazers.

“[It] was the very flower na sinabi ni Tita Tessie na napaniginipan niya that dad told her to bring mom. I want to believe that was God’s message na He was trying to tell me, so that I could tell everybody that mom’s okay and that mom’s with him.

“Somehow naniniwala talaga ako sa signs, and that was really God’s sign for us to celebrate mom’s life. And to celebrate the fact that she’s now in heaven.

“That was the only time I cried there when I saw those flowers. And I said, thank you that I was there noong una niyang naramdaman na sinusundo siya ni Dad. Thank you that I was there nung pinaramdam ng dad sa akin na magkasama na sila.

“People asked, where do you draw your strength? I think ako yung classical prodigal daughter. Lahat ng pwedeng klaseng pagsubok na pwede kong iparamdam sa mom, nagawa ko talaga.

“Pero siguro, I wanna thank her because she gave me the chance to redeem myself. I want to thank God because He gave me that opportunity to be strong and to be beside mom nung talagang kailangan ako ng mom.

“Gusto kong magpasalamat sa inyong lahat kasi minahal nyo talaga ang mom ko. We could not ask for more. The only thing I want to say now, and I promised this to mom, I was telling her, ‘Mom, siguro sumikat ako for a reason.’

“And I said, ‘Promise ko sa iyo, Mom, yung devotion mo sa rosary…’ and I promise that to Bishop Soc Villegas who kept anointing mom and who was close to the family. Sabi ko, ‘I’ll push for that, Mom. In my own way, maybe I can make a Rosary album. Kung ano yung faith mo at yung devotion mo kay Mama Mary, gagawin ko yun. Ipagpapatuloy ko for you.’

“All her [Cory] text to me, ‘Kris let us continue praying for each other.’ It was always that.

“On a personal note, I want to tell everybody what kind of mom my mom was. Every premier ng show ko, there was a text immediately after to say congratulations and how good I was.

“Pag na-fee-feel niya po na inaapi ako, sasabihn niya ‘Grabe naman sila!’ Parati niyang pinaparamdam na kakampi ko siya. She always made me feel how proud she was of me.

“And I think I want to share with all of you that she’s proud of each and everyone of us. Nasa bawat Pilipino ipinagmamalaki ng mom. Hindi lang sa ipinapakita nyo sa kanya, but because we’re a good country.

“She never stopped believing na magaling at mabuti ang mga Pilipino. Mahal na mahal niya talaga [ang Pilipinas].

“I want to thank you for listening to my story. I only wanted to share this once because you were so much a part of our story. I think sa lahat ng nai-share ko sa inyo, mas maiintindihan nyo kung ano kami as a family.

“I want to say na, I am the most visible of her children but mom made each and every one of us feel proud. At sana po, lahat kayo, naramdaman nyo kung gaano kayo minahal ng mom. Kung gaano niya shinare ang dad sa inyo, shinare ang buong buhay niya.

“We will be okay. That’s our promise to mom. Sabi ko [sa kanya], we’re gonna be okay. We’re going to take care of each other. We’re gonna pray for each other.

Source: http://ph.yahoo.com

Related Posts by Categories



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Philippines Celebrity. Design by Pocket